A Special Be Connected: Highlighting Fatherhood in Our Community
When: Mon, May 01
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, Free
On Monday May 1, Beyu Caffe’s Be Connected will host a special panel discussion highlighting the Family Resource Center South Atlantic’s (FRCSA) 2017 NC Fatherhood Conference on June 10, 2017.
Kimberely M. Best serves as Executive Director of the FRCSA, a non-profit organization that has solidified its standing as a stable and dedicated leader in providing education, prevention and intervention services for youth, adults, and families with the greatest needs in twelve North Carolina communities. She is responsible for the planning and execution of North Carolina’s fatherhood conference, which drew more than 550 fathers, father figures and community leaders in 2016.
The conference, centered in “Building the Future through the Lives of Our Children” will take place at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel & Convention Center, Durham NC. A growing body of research, including previous conference years, indicates that children consistently thrive on a variety of well-being indicators with their fathers actively involved in their lives. Thus, over 700 people from across North Carolina are expected to assemble at this year’s conference to engage in reflective, forward-thinking discussions focused on the value of fathers engaged with their children and their community.
We will also present a panel discussion addressing the most critical topics of fatherhood and well-rounded workshops including: (1) Money Management, (2) Real Men Rap Session, (3) How to Effectively Engage Fathers – Best Practice, (4) the Role of the Faith-based Community; (5) the Pressures of Racism on Fathers of Color; (6) Fathers and Daughters; (7) the Price of Pop Culture- Understanding the Impact of Music and Media, etc. The popular Men’s Resource & Health & Wellness Pavilion will return with key vendors for networking. We are proud to announce a new feature this year, a Legal Clinic which offers fathers the opportunity to ask questions to a panel of attorneys from varying fields of law.
Furthermore, conference attendees will be inspired by the hearts of children who will participate in an essay contest to designate and honor the 2017 Father of the Year. Also, other community-based leaders will be honored as the 2017 Fatherhood Trailblazers for their commitment to making our children’s future brighter. For more information about upcoming conference activities, please visit us at http://www.frcfatherhoodconference.org
Hip-hop community engagement provided by curator Kyesha Jennings, The Listening Durham, Museum of Durham History and founder Crystal Taylor, The Underground Collective & Beats n Bars Festival.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.