Adrian Crutchfield (smooth jazz)
When: Fri, Jul 07
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $18
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Adrian Crutchfield is known around the world for his neo-soul sound – creating music in a variety of genres such as jazz, R&B, pop, funk, soul, hip hop, and fusion.
His high energy show brings a diversity to jazz never seen before with music for every generation! Adrian takes pride in bringing a new and powerful sound, merging jazz with today’s pop and hip hop.
Adrian Crutchfield has taken the world by storm in recent years, not only as the last sax player to perform and record with Prince, touring the world and being featured on Prince’s last three albums, but also touring domestically and internationally with acts such as Lionel Ritchie, Bette Midler, and Cee Lo Green — all the while writing and building his 2017 release titled ‘Leap’.
Adrian’s star began shining at the age of four when he received his first saxophone during a concert in Roanoke, Virginia, from acclaimed jazz artist Kenny G; who noticed Adrian’s interest
from the audience, stopped the show, and invited him to the stage, playing a childish melody, and finally bestowing the sax to young Adrian.
Known as the last horn-man to perform and record with Prince (2012-2016); Adrian is featured on many of Prince’s final masterpieces including the 2017 Grammy-Nominated Hit-N-Run Phase 2, and the unreleased but highly anticipated “Black Is The New Black” Album.
Adrian has also had the privilege of performing with many of today’s brightest stars such as Lionel Richie, Bette Midler, Ceelo Green, R&B icon Anthony Hamllton, Fantasia Barrlno, KC and JoJo, and hip hop superstar Young Jeezy.
In jazz, Mr. Crutchfield has been featured by names such as Kim Waters, Mike Phillps, Alex Bugnon, Jeff Lorber, and Branford Marsalis; and with legendary groups such as Fourplay and The Gap Band featuring Charlie Wilson.
Adrian is a 2008 graduate of Florida State University (B.A. in Music with a concentration in jazz, contemporary media, and commercial music).
Although young, this saxophone aficionado is one of his generation’s most prolific and successful professional musicians.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.