Africa Unplugged (world jazz)
When: Sat, Apr 01
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $15
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE BAND
Africa Unplugged is a dynamic ensemble of accomplished musicians that features traditional instruments of West Africa. Using these instruments they push the boundaries of music, while based in a tradition centuries old but also incorporating musical influences and experiences from places around the world. Africa Unplugged was formed in 2011 by Atiba Rorie and since then this exciting band has enthralled audiences across the U.S. with its smooth melodies, virtuosic playing, and powerful drumming. The band is also constantly creating new and re-inventing old musical ideas. This dynamic band moves and connects modern audiences by melding ancient, West African instruments and musical traditions with contemporary global sounds. With Africa Unplugged, Blues, Funk, R&B, and Soul themes are given new life by the pulsing, pounding hands of a ferocious djembe and dunun section, while catchy guitar riffs, crooning vocals, and familiar grooves give the 21st century ear something it knows, loves, and won’t soon forget. Thanks to the band’s undeniable dance songs and its commitment to the West African tradition of community and audience participation, Africa Unplugged gets crowds singing and dancing as one. In 2014 they released their debut EP self titled ‘Africa Unplugged’. The band also enjoys educating audiences on the musical traditions and history of West Africa and also sharing their contemporary approach to using the instruments.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.