Al Strong & Fresh 5 (straight-ahead jazz, soul)
When: Fri, Mar 10
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $16.50 PER SHOW
ON SALE NOW!
Since being introduced to jazz music at the age of 15, Al Strong has worked diligently to master and refine his musical passions. Raised in Washington, DC, Strong undoubtedly carries an affinity for dance music of all disciplines, which carries over in his sound and demeanor. Many of his influences can be heard on his debut album Love-Strong: Volume 1.
Love-Strong is a “feel good” record, and traverses through various moods and colors of Strong’s life experiences. The mellow sounds are sure to capture the ear of unassuming listeners who may not usually listen to jazz music. The listener who is well adept to improvisation and the blues will certainly be in for a treat as well, as they will find quite a few moments when the musicians on this album tell stories of struggle, triumph, mystery, and LOVE.
The goal for creating an album such as Love-Strong is to positively contribute to the body of work created by so many other well-versed and well-traveled artists. These artists have paved the way for him and many others, believing in their musical connection with the creator and mankind.
In addition to having the pleasure of performing for artists such as Branford Marsalis and Aretha Franklin, you can hear Al Strong’s sound on a number of other projects available for distribution. These artists include Yazarah, Soul Understated featuring Mavis “Swan” Poole, and, The Foreign Exchange, along with others. Strong also balances his affinity for music with adjunct teaching responsibilities at North Carolina Central University, as well as festivals, shows, and summer jazz camps with his non-profit organization, The Art of Cool Project.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.