AOCFEST Performer: Alex Isley (alternative soul/R&B)
When: Fri, Apr 28
9:00 pm - 10:00 pm,
**MUST HAVE AOCFEST WRISTBAND (Friday, Two-Day or VIP) TO ATTEND**
CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS and HERE FOR THE FULL AOCFEST SCHEDULE
AOCFest offers several different wristbands offering different levels of access to the festival. You may purchase the Friday Club Pass, Saturday Club Pass, a 2 Day Club Pass giving access to the entire festival, or get the VIP ALL ACCESS which gives you access to the club venues + the VIP Sunday Brunch location. VIP ticket holders have access to reserved seating at select Festival venues, subject to individual venue capacity.
ABOUT ALEX ISLEY
Alex Isley discovered her love of music and passion for performing at an early age. She takes great pride in the influence and legacy of her family’s music; her father, Ernie Isley, and her uncles are collectively the Isley Brothers. From living room shows to elementary school talent shows, she began to cultivate her passion into a career as a musician.
She started classical vocal training at the age of 12 and later went on to attend the LA County High School for the Arts, where she discovered her love for not only listening to, but for performing jazz as well.
Singers such as Ella Fitzgerald and Kurt Elling made an immense impression on her and her approach to performing, which she incorporated in her performances as a Jazz Studies major at UCLA. During her college years, Alex began songwriting, drawing from her own life experiences as well as those of friends and family. She wrote most of what would later become her first self-written and produced debut EP, “The Love/Art Memoirs,” which she released in Spring, 2012. The EP’s single, “Set In Stone,” was featured in the film “The Last Fall,” which debuted on BET and is currently airing on Netflix.
In August 2013, she released her second self-written and produced project, “DreamsInAnalog,”, which has been well-received around the world. Aside from her own music, she has more recently collaborated with those of different sound aesthetics including:Brandon Williams and Moonchild (On Williams’ “Leave Love Be”), Scarface (“Mental Exorcism”), and Kendrick Lamar’s 2016 Grammy Award-Winning, “These Walls”.
Alex’s third and most-recent self-written & produced collective,
L U X U R Y, is now available on Bandcamp, iTunes, and Amazon. She is currently working on several visuals as well as planning to take to the stage nationwide and beyond.
Stay tuned — to the art from Alex Isley.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.