Be Connected: DURM Talks with Jessie & Desmera
When: Tue, Jan 16
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, Free Admission
Beyú Caffé Presents —
BE CONNECTED: DurmTalks w/ Jesse & Desmera
(also with creative direction by Allie Capo)
Happy New Year! We’re back to kick things off with our 1st DurmTalks of 2018!
The theme for this program is “Pay Her What You Owe Her: Compensating Black Women For Their Time & Talents.” We will feature the following segments:
— Artist & DJ, Gemynii (Pay Black Femmes)
— Black Women Author Panel including Naima Coster (Halsey Street) & Jade Brieanne (Paper Cranes)
— Musical Performance by ZenSoFly
We’ll also have a special community spotlight to honor a Durham hero, and of course, our very own Allie Capo, selling her finest goods from Capo Vintage.
Come see us at Beyú Caffé, eat, drink, be merry, and BE CONNECTED!
Be Connected program, your community connection to the latest issues in the arts, culture, music and politics is produced by Angel Dozier with a new team of hosts for the 2017-2018 season.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.