Be Connected: Love Letters to My Child, A Black Poetry Theatre Production
When: Tue, Apr 11
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, Free
“Love Letters to My Child”…A Black Poetry Theatre Production
Black Poetry Theatre is bringing a special dramatic reading to Beyu Caffe as part of the Be Connected series. The production is called “Love Letters to My Child.” It features pieces talking to, with, or praying for the children of our future.
“Love Letters to my Child” is a production of personal testimony and wishes for all the children of the world. Its goal is to spotlight the stories, dreams, and hopes that we have in our hearts for our children and our desire to prepare them for navigating this world. With this production, BPT also seeks to lift the voices of women while providing a glimpse into the bond between parent and child. BPT feels this combination of music, rhythm, words, and expression will create a vital story for generations to come.
This is a part of BPT’s objective to inspire, motivate, and empower others from the confinements of social stigmas and grant them the freedom to see the world through their own perspective.
This show is FREE and open to the public.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.