Be Connected: Spirithouse Inc. Presents Collective Sun: Reshape The Mo(u)rning
When: Tue, Aug 01
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, Free
Collective Sun: Reshape The Mo(u)rning: A Staged Reading at Beyu Caffe’s Be Connected, August 1
First mounted in 2012 at Durham’s Historic Hayti Heritage Center, Collective Sun – Reshape the Mo(u)rning is a series of vignettes which weaves more than eight years of story gathering, organizing, and programmatic work into one dynamic piece of art. The vignettes explore the impact of systemic racism, criminalization, and incarceration. Part performance, part audio installation and part action, ‘Collective Sun’ creates a space for transforming harm into collective healing and supports movement towards a world without prisons.
The original piece was directed by NYU alum and Tisch School of Arts-Performance Studies graduate, Ebony Noelle Golden and written, curated and nurtured by the cultural alchemists at Spirithouse Inc, led by Nancy “Mama Nia” Wilson. 2017 Collective Sun: Reshape the Mo(u)rning director and graduate of The College of Visual and Performing Arts at Syracuse University, Praycious Wilson breathes new life into the work.
This staged reading is the first of a series culminating in full performances scheduled throughout the Fall.
Come through, learn and enjoy.
Beyu’s Be Connected program, your community connection to the latest issues in the arts, culture, music and politics is produced by Angel Dozier with new season Be Connected host, Pierce Freelon.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.