Be Connected: Casey’s Couch – A Celebration of Black Wall Street
When: Tue, Oct 10
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, Free
Black Business Matters: A Celebration of Black Wall Street
The program will talk about the importance of keeping the history of black business alive and well in our communities as an important part of encouraging and supporting black entrepreneurship.
J Gunn, internationally recognized Hip Hop recording artist, performer and producer; founder of Red Eye Lifestyle and Co-Founder of Black August in the Park and Black Market. He has also recently been named Vice President of Member Relations for the Durham Chamber of Commerce.
Emmy Parker, Brand Director at Moog Music, Creative Director and Co-owner of Moogfest. Moog Music is the world leader in the design and production of music synthesizers located in Asheville NC. Moogfest is an international music, technology and arts festival held in Durham, NC. Last year’s festival resulted in more than 1.3 Billion media impressions world wide.
Beyu’s Be Connected program, your community connection to the latest issues in the arts, culture, music and politics is produced by Angel Dozier with a new team of hosts for the 2017-2018 season.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.