Be Connected: Bed Talks — Love, Sex, and Relationships
When: Tue, Dec 12
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, $8
Navigating the real, adult world on your own is difficult; satisfying the needs and wants of another being – while simultaneously satisfying one’s own desires – doesn’t often feel achievable. Add to that the impact of social media, where lives past and present are readily accessible onscreen, and the ambiguity of invisible boundaries presents new challenges.
Successfully presented in NYC, BED TALKS aims to facilitate an opportunity for significant social intercourse, where the diversity of experiences, disappointments and interpersonal affirmations can be met with empathy right here in The Bull City. Come hear and experience with storytellers from your community as they take the stage and recall a pivotal moment in their journey; an epiphany resultant of the modernized world, and the moment when the reality of an automated dating environment changed them forever. A queen-sized bed will be adorned to suit each narrator’s heartfelt reminiscence, and the proverbial walls will talk.
$8 in advance
$12 at the door
Beyu’s Be Connected program, your community connection to the latest issues in the arts, culture, music and politics is produced by Angel Dozier with a new team of hosts for the 2017-2018 season. BED TALKS is curated by Tarryn Henry and King Kenny.
After watching Spike Lee’s She’s Gotta Have It, the original and the Netflix series, I am excited to help create space for art, conversation, and creatives’ entrepreneurship surrounding personal agency. Come out and experience BED TALKS! –angel dozier
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.