Be Connected: Polyphony – a poetry reading by destiny hemphill
When: Mon, Apr 10
6:30 pm - 8:00 pm, $20
Join local poet Destiny Hemphill in celebrating her admission to Callaloo’s Writing Workshop in Barbados! She will be reading from newer works as well as from her retrospective chapbook polyphony, which will be available as a gift with purchase of a ticket! Your support will help Destiny cover her plane tickets, room and board, passport application, and other fees associated with attending the workshop. Purchase your ticket here.
Destiny Hemphill is a black poet & conjure womxn, who has found homes in Texas, Tennessee, Arkansas, and most recently North Carolina. She is a 2016 recipient of the Amiri Baraka Poetry Scholarship from Naropa University’s Summer Writing Program. She also served as a teaching artist to the inaugural cohort of the Zelda Pito Emerging Artists Fellowship Program. Her work has been featured in or on Narrative Northeast, Scalawag, and Button Poetry. She offers her poems as a space for communal rites of healing and grieving in the fight for black liberation.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.