Be Connected: Public Conversation with Murs
In this wide-ranging talk at Beyù Caffè in downtown Durham, legendary Los Angeles-based hip-hop artist Murs discusses his career, influences, and record-setting 26-hour rap that landed him in the Guinness Book of World Records in 2016. Moderated by Joseph Winters (Duke Religious Studies and African and African American Studies).
**As part of Murs’ residency at Duke, the public is also invited to attend the first half of Mark Anthony Neal and 9th Wonder’s “History of Hip-Hop” class on Wednesday, February 7 from 6:15-7:30 PM in White Lecture Hall on Duke’s East Campus, where Murs will be visiting.
Murs’ residency will culminate in a performance with longtime collaborator and Durham icon 9th Wonder at Motorco Music Hall on the evening of Thursday, February 8. Tickets and info available HERE.
Murs & 9th Wonder are presented as part of Duke Performances’ Hip-Hop Initiative, made possible, in part, with support from the National Endowment for the Arts. This event is co-sponsored by the Forum for Scholars and Publics at Duke University and Be Connected, hosted by Beyù Caffè.
Be Connected program, your community connection to the latest issues in the arts, culture, music and politics is produced by Angel Dozier with a new team of hosts for the 2017-2018 season.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.