Be Connected: The Southern Documentary Fund Presents Docs For Us / By Us
When: Tue, Jun 06
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, Free
The Southern Documentary Fund presents Docs For Us / By Us: a new 3-part series in partnership with Beyu Caffe.
Black documentary filmmakers from Durham present works-in-progress, reaching out for community support, resources and ideas as their stories take shape.
Tuesday, June 6: Washerwoman by Lana Garland
From a behind-the-scenes look at the making of a play by the Freelon-Asante family, to interviews with the last living generation of clothesline laundresses, Washerwoman explores the vast contributions by washerwomen to the survival of people and to the labor movement in America.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.