Carol Riddick (R&B)
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
This sultry singer-songwriter has graced stages in her hometown of Philadelphia and across the globe, winning fans and admirers alike with her extraordinary voice and presence. Highly regarded in the music community for her vocal dexterity, mesmerizing performances and genuinely warm personality, Carol is a unique entertainer whose evolution is ongoing.
Born and raised in South Philadelphia, music has been a part of her life since she was a teenager. It was in her early adulthood that the industry took notice of her vocal talent when she got her start touring as a vocalist with Jazzy Jeff and Will Smith aka Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince.
Since then, Carol has blessed the tracks of many distinguished artists. She is featured on records by Anthony Hamilton, Jill Scott, Norman Brown, Kindred The Family Soul and a host of others. Her exceptional and distinct vocal delivery can be heard on Musiq Soulchild’s “Soulstar,” the title track on his multi-platinum album.
After partnering with Axis Music Group, a former Philadelphia-based production company, Carol started an independent label “CRIDDICKNOTES” and creatively spearheaded the creation and release of her debut CD, “Moments Like This”. What some consider a huge undertaking for an artist came natural to Carol who co-produced and co-wrote the majority of the songs on the project. Carol has collaborated with GRAMMY Award winning producers and songwriters including James Poyser (Erykah Badu, The Roots), Anthony Bell (Jill Scott, Jewel), and Carvin Haggins & Ivan Barias (Musiq, Faith Evans), just to name a few.
Her highly anticipated Sophomore project “Love Phases” which includes the soul stirring single “Love Like I’ve Never Been Hurt Before” is a collection of songs expressing facets of the joy and hurt of love, whether it be with regard to romantic or self-love.
In addition to her solo efforts, Carol also lends her impressive vocals to other artists, most notably, musically acclaimed R&B crooner and Prince of Sophisticated Soul, Will Downing’s live performances. Her performance of the riveting duet “Nothing Has Ever Felt,” originally recorded by Will Downing and the incomparable Rachelle Ferrell, is sure to take your breath away.
Her passion for music education is demonstrated in her efforts as a mentor and educationalist. She is currently the Chapter President for The Recording Academy® Philadelphia Chapter, a renowned and prestigious organization known for recognizing the epitome of music industry excellence and she is also a current member of the Philadelphia Music Industry Task Force, an initiative founded by Philadelphia City Council to promote awareness of and cultivate the arts in the city of Philadelphia.
She’s a songwriter, a label-owner, a vocalist, an educationalist, a mentor and a visionary. In addition, her beautiful spirit, sensuous stage shows and passionate vocal delivery will soothe your ears and alter your spirit in the most alluring way.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- 10:30pm all bar stools and seats in the 50s will be removed to accommodate the late night series. Patrons seated in the 60s (bench by the wall) may also be asked to move depending on late night reservations.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.