Chantae Cann (Soul, R&B)
When: Fri, Mar 03
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $22.50 advance & $25 at door per show
Chantae Cann’s voice is the perfect combination of a warm Spring day, the fragrance just before it rains, and a sunset so breathtaking you can’t seem to capture it just right on camera. Her vocal delivery is soothing, sultry and more than just soulful, it’s soul fulfilling. Whether you find yourself listening to her live at a show or turning her up in your headphones, chances are you will have peace in your mind and a smile on your face. Chantae’s music blends the exploratory sounds of JAZZ with the feel good vibes of SOUL which makes for a mixture that is quite delicious. It is her heart’s desire to simply inspire, uplift and encourage the lives of others through music.
In her words:
“I sing because I LOVE to.
I sing because I believe God has entrusted me with a gift
purposed to CHANGE the world.
I sing to HEAL. I sing to COMFORT.
I sing to LIBERATE. I sing to APPRECIATE. I sing to MOTIVATE.
I sing to EXPRESS. I sing to ENCOURAGE. I sing to INSPIRE.
I sing because honestly I CAN’T STOP …Don’t want to either ;-)”
Chantae truly believes in the healing power of music. She further believes that there is a unique purpose intended for every soul of creation, and hopes that her music awakens purpose, destiny and truth to all who listen.
She goes on to say,
“Music gives you the power to push past your present state of mind.
It enables you to CHOOSE love, joy & tranquility even in the worst of circumstances.
When you open up your heart and just get lost in the music,
it [music] will comfort and heal you.”
A Chicago native, Chantae is not a novice to the music world. She has been blessed to travel the world as a background vocalist for the likes of Leon Timbo, Darlene McCoy, P.J. Morton, Gramps Morgan, and Grammy Award winning artist India Arie. She’s had the tremendous honor of collaborating with artists/bands such as, Jaspects, The Foreign Exchange, Zo!, Mike Hicks, Sho Baraka, Khari Cabral Simmons and most recently Snarky Puppy. Now residing in Atlanta, GA the time has come for Chantae to share her own unique sound.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.