Daniel D (jazz violin)
When: Fri, Jun 02
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $18
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
BEHIND THE VIOLIN…
Talent is a gift, and Daniel Davis (p.k.a. Violinist Daniel D.) discovered his early in life,When he first drew a bow across the strings of a violin at 12 years old. Davis has produced 6 studio Albums, with his latest project titles ‘SonRise & Remixed”. A four time Apollo Theater Winner, Charlotte Music Award Recipient, and a highlighted performer on B.E.T. 106 & Park . Raised in Charleston, South Carolina, Davis graduated from the city’s esteemed School of the Arts in 2007, immediately setting off on a nationwide tour with T-Bone Ministries. Sharing stages with notables is not new for Davis; such names as Kim Waters, Jamie Foxx, Marvin Sapp, Kanye West, Tye Tribbett, Boney James, Kenny Lattimore, Marion Meadows, Althea Renee, Najee, K’Jon, Lelah Hathaway, Ben Tankard,and Paul Jackson Jr. has given Davis a supreme perspective on his musicianship.
Davis’ faith lies at the core of his music. A seasoned entertainer at 28 years of age, Davis is equally comfortable performing at NBA Half-time games all over the country, as he is for an audience of 50,000 at USC’s Williams-Brice Stadium or performing at a church on Sunday morning.
He was awarded a Summer Scholarship at the New York’s Juilliard School of Music, won the U.S. Air Force’s Wide Talent Search competition, and his fiddle-laden remix of Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech has contributed to regular invitations to perform throughout the country at special events. Based out of Denver CO, he frequently returns home (Charleston SC) to be featured at MOJA Arts, North Charleston Arts and Spoleto festivals. Despite his successes, Davis remains a humble young man.
Daniel is the first to tell you that the pure joy of playing music far surpasses prestige or recognition. “Every opportunity to play offers new enlightenment and a chance to learn,”says Davis. “I love performing and I love playing — period.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.