Daniel Weatherspoon (gospel, jazz-funk fusion)
When: Sat, Oct 14
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $15
ON SALE NOW!
It’s official—irrefutable and undeniable. Maestro Daniel Weatherspoon has forever changed gospel music with his first solo project—OFFICIAL. The fusion of gospel and jazz will revolutionize the industry! With talent and finesse Weatherspoon successfully alternates between genres and musical roles (producer, songwriter, and keyboards). This is NOT your usual gospel CD and Weatherspoon offers no excuses, no regrets, and no limitations, just a masterful collection of songs and instrumentals. OFFICIAL’S edgy, ‘bop your head’ style and provocative lyrics (derived from the artist’s own life experiences) will resonate in your soul long after the tracks end. On a universal level, they represent “the every man’s story”—seasons of peaks and valleys in this journey called life.
Never one to get too comfortable or predictable, the seasoned musician recently left the familiarity of Chicago and relocated to a new city—Nashville. This music metropolis has enabled Weatherspoon to surround himself with industry moguls, music and publishing houses, as well as a myriad of Christian artists, professionals, and aggressive entrepreneurs. In addition, Weatherspoon recently launched LONGLIFE ENTERTAINMENT, INC., which is an umbrella company for record production, record sales and artist management. His goal is to deliver refreshing, yet trend-setting music and to provide knowledge and security through artist management. The company’s operating principles are designed to attract high caliber artists who desire an environment that centers on a nucleus of like-minded, forward-thinkers seeking new and innovative modes of expression.
OFFICIAL reveals that Weatherspoon is a major player in the ‘Gospel Funk’ arena and is able to transcend limitations. Over two decades in the music industry, coupled with tracks developed from an instrumental point of view will raise the bar and elevate this new genre to the top of the charts. Listen to Maestro Weatherspoon’s unprecedented style and hear how he enlivens instruments and teaches Gospel how to scat jazz…
Grammy Award wining producer Daniel Weatherspoon’s new album “The Langley Park Project” debuts at #1 on Billboard’s Contemporary Jazz Album Chart.
Amassing several RIAA certified Gold and Platinum records, Daniel’s client roster includes award-winning recording artists such as Janet Jackson, Beyoncé, Carl Thomas, Paula Abdul, BeBe Winans, Cece Winans, Mary Mary, as well as several notable organizations, including the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN), BMI, ASCAP and The Recording Acadamy.
Daniel’s approach and new album is swiftly branding a new perspective on Modern Day Fusion Jazz – filled with the sound of high energy to the calmness of soul soothing music.
Facebook: Daniel Weatherspoon
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.