Darnell “Showcase” Taylor Album Release Concert
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
When a passionate adventurer finds music, then magic ensues. Guitarist Darnell “Showcase” Taylor captivates worldwide audiences through a style that balances tradition with innovation. Born and raised in Moncure, North Carolina, the self-taught musician started his love affair with instruments as a church kid having joined a local band at the age of 15.
Playing throughout the country for a wide variety of artists, Taylor eventually met Grammy Award winner Anthony Hamilton. The powerful, soul master added him to his critically acclaimed band where they thrill music lovers across the globe in South Africa, France, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, Sweden, and the Caribbean to name a few.
With every note, Taylor’s dedication intensifies paving the way for incredible collaborations that defy boundaries. As a producer, he has composed more than 50 songs for Soul/Blues artist Willie Clayton, rising songstress Jackie Michael, and award winning saxophonist Marcus Anderson. Further demonstrating his musical diversity, Taylor performed on Grammy Award winner Tasha Cobbs’ “One Place.” A testament to his commercial appeal, he earned the attention of Ibanez Guitars who tapped the musician to serve as a face of its international brand.
Taylor enjoys the beauty of collectively performing with some of the most dynamic artists of our time yet still recognizes the gift of his individual music interpretation. As a result, he is finalizing his debut solo album “Turning Point,” which will highlight his exceptional range of artistry that will smash all labels. While contemporary music typically features a voice as storyteller, Darnell “Showcase” Taylor masterfully narrates the human experience of love, pain, joy, and defeat through a beautiful merger of man and guitar.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- 10:30pm all bar stools will be removed to accommodate the late night “After the Show" series
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.