Defacto Thezpian (Hip Hop)
When: Fri, Jan 05
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $12
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
It’s a word uniquely uttered by Hip Hop artist Defacto Thezpian that seems ideal when tasked with finding an adjective to describe his music.
There’s a new reality in the North Carolina hip hop scene in 2017. The talent present in the region that’s gone undiscovered is no longer a secret. With the continued success of artists such as J.Cole, Rapsody, Phonte’, names such as King Mez and Drugs Beats working with Dr. Dre, and many other up and coming artists , the entire state has become a hotbed for emerging NC emcees. Now, here comes a new challenger. Defacto Thezpian, one of the next rising stars from Durham, NC.
Voted Best Hip Hop Artist at the 2015 Carolina Music Awards, and long-time stage actor (hence the name), Defacto Thezpian’s lyrical prowess continues to have him mentioned as an elite in the Triangle area. Last year he released the ambitiously triumphant Raheem Royal: An Induction to Greatness. More recently he’s been featured on K97.5FM’s 919 Radio, and notable blogs such as 2DopeBoyz & HipHopDX, as well as festival stages like the 2016 A3C/Swisher Sweets Artist Project Showcase & YouBloomLA. He has also performed for the North Carolina State Fair. Defacto’s momentum carried over on to the Aff and Friends Tour, making stops in Brooklyn, St. John’s University, Charlotte, Wilmington, and Roanoke VA. One of the best live performers in the area, Defacto has already shared the stage with notable artists Raekwon, Nappy Roots, Well$, Joshua Gunn, Audio Push, Snow Tha Product, Pac Div, Young Dirt, as well as Professor Toon and The Real Laww.
When not focusing on his own Hip-Hop endeavours, Defacto uses his time to teach and positively influence children with his Creative Rap program at Walltown Children’s Theatre. Listen to his music and you’ll hear the true tales of a young male with tales that are similar to his peers, but shared in a manner that forces listeners to hit the playback button again and again.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.