Deon Yates (Jazz/Funk)
When: Sat, Jan 06
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $15
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Deon Yates holds a Master’s in Communications and Public Relations and is a featured lecturer on mediaWriting and Design, Video and Storytelling and the History of Jazz Music in Detroit. A longtime innovative presence on his hometown’s jazz scene and two time Emmy Award nominee (2001 & 2015), he brings a fresh and unique perspective on the subjects. With numerous accolades under his belt including Runner Up in the 2009 Capital Jazz Challenge, the number 1 most added single on Billboard in October 2015, GHP Radio Award for Best Smooth Jazz Male Artist in 2014, being featured on the U.S. Smooth Jazz Compilation CD “Jazz Infusion Vol. 1” in 2010 and endorsement by Sax Dakota, Theo Wanne – this is just the start of the curriculum for the multi-talented composer and saxophonist.
He performed as a special guest in concerts and recordings with contemporary jazz and R&B greats like Nick Colione, Brian Simpson, Nils, Maysa, Marion Meadows, Rick Braun, Richard Elliot, Ronnie Laws, Comedian Sinbad, Gerald Veasley, Kem and Dwele, he was working with legendary groups like The Floaters, The Contours and various incarnations of The Temptations. Yates also played keyboards for various blues bands, including Danny Blue and has played flute for the Detroit Symphony Civic Orchestra. In addition, Family Circle Productions, the event company he runs with his wife, offers media services for small businesses and emerging artists and produces concerts of which a portion of the proceeds go to a variety of charities, including domestic violence, homeless shelters and local food banks.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.