Dr. Ira Wiggins (Straight Ahead Jazz)
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Ira Wiggins, Director of Jazz Studies at North Carolina Central University, holds the Ph.D. in Music Education from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. He received the Master of Music in Performance from Virginia Commonwealth University and the Bachelor of Arts in Music Education from North Carolina Central University.
As a saxophonist/flutist, Wiggins is a highly respected musician and educator with 15 albums to his credit as a sideman and soloist. He has shared the stage with Jimmy Heath, Grady Tate, Nnenna Freelon, Fred Wesley, Louie Bellson, Vanessa Rubin, Ellis Marsalis, Branford Marsalis and others. “When Freedom Swings” is his first recording as a leader reached number 14 in the CMJ Top 40 Jazz listings. Additionally, Wiggins performs with the North Carolina Symphony as a soloist and orchestra member for their “pops” series and select concerts.
The Ira Wiggins Quartet is a multi-faceted jazz group with a twenty-year history in the Durham and Triangle area. The quartet has been featured on Jazz Festivals throughout the East Coast and the British Virgin Islands. The most recent configuration consists of Pianist/Educator Ed Palantonio, NCCU Jazz Studies
Alumnus Jasmine Best on Drums, NCCU Jazz Alumnus Lance Scott, Jr. on Bass and Ira Wiggins on Tenor Sax and Flute. Experience an evening of “Exhilarating” and “Swinging” music by the “Ira Wiggins Quartet. ‘
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- 10:30pm all bar stools and seats in the 50s will be removed to accommodate the late night series. Patrons seated in the 60s (bench by the wall) may also be asked to move depending on late night reservations.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.