Eric Hirsh (jazz fusion)
When: Fri, May 19
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $12
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
“Pianist and composer Erich Hirsh can play pretty much anything you throw at him. When he’s not leading his jazz quartet (Aaron Hill on saxophone, Peter Kimosh on bass, and Stephen Coffman on drums), he’s helping drive the progressive hip-hop of The Beast or the salsa shake of Orquesta GarDel. His original compositions have a propulsive thrust that combines a minimalist drive with the complex, expressive melodies. He’s one of the area’s best.” – Dan Ruccia, The Independent Weekly
Eric Hirsh is a jazz pianist, composer, and technologist whose mission is to use collaboration as a space for bringing out the best in artists so that they in turn might reach and encourage interactive listeners through their performances. Hirsh performs regularly as a member of jazz/hip hop quartet The Beast and as director of thirteen-piece salsa ensemble Orquesta GarDel.
Hirsh is a 2012 recipient of the North Carolina Arts Council Composer Fellowship, and a four-time winner of the ASCAP Foundation Young Jazz Composers Awards. Beyond his undergraduate training in Physics and Music at UNC Chapel Hill, he has received additional instruction at the School of Improvisatory Music in Brooklyn, and the Betty Carter’s Jazz Ahead program at the Kennedy Center in Washington DC. With The Beast, Orquesta GarDel, and leading his own jazz group, Hirsh has been presented by Duke Performances, North Carolina State University Center Stage, The Stone in NYC, the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities, the North Carolina Art Museum, UNC Center for the Study of the American South, Lake Eden Arts Festival, Shakori Hills Grassroots Music Festival, and The Art of Cool Project.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.