Jo Gore (jazz/soul/blues)
When: Fri, Jun 23
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $12
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Josephine Gore grew up singing in Spring Hill Baptist Church alongside her father who was the church pianist and deacon. The daddy-daughter duo performed extensively at churches and revivals throughout southeastern North Carolina. Church audiences were enthralled with the four-year-old’s ability to memorize an entire catalog of hymns and spirituals. She was the little girl with the big voice.
As a teenager, she would plunder through her grandfather’s record collection, playing albums by Mahalia Jackson, Ray Charles, James Brown and Nina Simone. She’s been hooked on jazz, blues, and soul ever since.
Jo Gore mesmerizes audiences with her angelic voice and electrifying stage presence while remaining true to her love of classic, soul and jazz standards. Each performance is full of love, life, music, and story-telling. These days, she’s the woman with the big voice and audiences are still enthralled.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.