Laura Reed (female vocals, neo soul)
When: Sat, Oct 07
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $15
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
South African born, Nashville and North Carolina based singer/songwriter Laura Reed has been critically acclaimed for her powerful vocals, soulful sound, vulnerable story telling and passionate stage performance. Winner of the SUMMERFEST 2016 Emerging Artist Series and 2014/2015 NIMA awards for best female RnB vocalist and performer.
Laura released her debut album, “The Awakening” in 2014 to rave reviews. Co-Written with and produced by 2X GRAMMY winner Shannon Sanders (India Arie/ John Legend / Robert Randolph) in Nashville on her own label, FIVE FOOT GIANT RECORDS. Laura is currently touring and working on her next album, which is due to be released late 2017 on the heels of her socially aware single releases for “Don’t Shoot” and “Shero”.
Laura was discovered by Grammy winning producer Paul Worley (Dixie Chicks, Lady Antebellum) at a wedding in Atlanta. At his persistence, Laura decided to make Music City her home. Laura’s relationship with Worley led her to producer and two-time Grammy winner, Shannon Sanders (India.Arie, John Legend, Robert Randolph).
Sanders understood Laura’s vision for her album and they worked together to make that vision a reality. Shannon helped Laura’s diversity shine through on The Awakening. With songs that range from the empowering anthem of “Struggle” to the upbeat pop hit “Wake Up,” listeners are able to get a glimpse into Reed’s limitless influences.
Reed’s music video for “Dragging My Heart” earned a nomination at the Long Island International Film Festival, she has had the honor of performing the National Anthem twice at Madison Square Garden, has opened for India.Arie, Anthony Hamilton, Mali Music, Miguel, Big and Rich, Valerie June, and DALEY, performed alongside and recorded with George Clinton, and has toured with Dumpstaphunk. Reed is a featured artist with Lee Oskar Harmonicas and recently joined Oskar at the 2015 Joy of Jazz in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Her music has been featured in the films Cold Light of Day (Sigourney Weaver, Henry Cavil), Alicia Key’s indie film, The Inevitable Defeat of Mister and Pete (Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks), Chloe and Theo (Dakota Johnson, Mina Sorvino), and on television including VH1’s Hollywood Exes and A&E’s The Big Smo Show. Laura’s song, “Wake Up,” is also currently in rotation on Nashville’s independent radio station, Lightning 100, which led to Sheryl Crow and Debra Messing declaring their support and newfound fandom via Twitter.
Laura has always mixed her passion for music with philanthropy. Laura has worked with charities such as Well For The Journey, a Baltimore based charity for women, LEAD Academy, Habitat for Humanity, Junior Diabetes Research Foundation, and Duke’s Children Hospital, where Laura’s music was used in art classes for kids recovering from chemo. Laura has participated in the Chinese New Year Benefit in Negirl, Jamaica to raise money for the Westhaven Children’s home. She was also involved with the “Music Saved My Life” program at Woodland Hills Youth Prison in Nashville, TN, where various Nashville songwriters came together to build an in-prison studio, hold songwriting workshops, and give guitar lessons.
Recently, Laura’s music has been incorporated into the curriculum of various schools around the country to encourage students on their journey of self-discovery.
“I’m so honored and proud to have been given the opportunity to be a part of something that can have such a positive effect on so many young lives,” says Laura.
“The whole reason I got into this in the first place is because I wanted to inspire people with my music.” Laura has recently begun an initiative called “The Laura Reed Project,” where she will travel to schools and use her music to spark creative discussion and a purposeful outlook on life.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.