Marcus Anderson Hurricane Relief Jam
Marcus Anderson & Friends and Beyu Caffe will be supporting our North Carolina neighbors in the hurricane relief efforts by supporting the COLORFEST HURRICANE RELIEF FUND. Instead of a ticket price, we will instead ask for donations to Colorfest Hurricane Relief Fund.
Lead by Marcus Anderson, the line-up will include Arrik Duncan from “Niito”, Darnell “Showcase” Taylor from Anthony Hamilton, Brian Miller, Alan Thompson from “ZooCru”, Marcel Anderson, and many more! Donations will be collected at https://www.paypal.me/Colorfestinc
Please note, Reservations cannot be made for this event. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
We will also be collecting items for donation to assist those in need:
- Canned Fruits, Vegetables, Meat, and Soup (Pop-top cans and low sodium a plus!)
- Whole Grain Pasta, Brown Rice, Dried Beans, and Cereal
- Peanut Butter
- For Infants: Pedialyte, Infant Cereal, Diapers, and Wipes For Kids: Fruit Cups, Juice Boxes, Granola Bars, Crackers, Popcorn, and Sugar-Free Pudding Cups
- Non-Food Essentials: Pillows, Blankets, Hygiene Items, Household Items, and Paper Products
*Please – No loose glass and plastic jars of baby food as they will have to be discarded due to health regulations
All proceeds will go to the COLORFEST HURRICANE RELIEF FUND. For additional information, please see below.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Media Contact:
Ashley Taylor, 347-415-6678, email@example.com, New Bern High, Class of 1999
@Derrick “Benetez” Bryant, 404-725-3053, Derrick.firstname.lastname@example.org, New Bern High School Class of 1999
Shakiera Causey, 804-943-9417, Stcausey@uncg.edu, New Bern High, Class of 1998
Omisade Burney-Scott, 919-423-6826, email@example.com, West Craven High, Class of 1985 “
City Manager Mark Stephens said the city had suffered one of the most devastating storms in its 308 year history. He said more than 400 city staff members had been working to mitigate the impact of Hurricane Florence. Stephens said preliminary assessments show more than 4,300 homes and 300 businesses were damaged or destroyed in the storm. Stephens said he expected that number to increase as residents and business owners return to the city and evaluate their properties. City inspectors had begun a more detailed assessment of damages as of Sunday morning, said Stephens, who stressed that the process would take several weeks to complete. He said early damage estimates are in excess of $6 million dollars.” New Bern Sun Journal
Colorfest, Inc. is committed to bringing the arts to underprivileged children in a diverse setting. We are devoted to bringing all forms of art to the community through beautification projects, educational outreach, art exhibits, and performances. We are currently working diligently to secure funds and supplies will go directly to those in need in New Bern, North Carolina impacted by Hurricane Florence via other New Bern natives like ourselves, local, regional and national networks of churches, lodges, neighborhoods, alumni associations, etc.
We are partnering with individuals and organizations/institutions such as SpiritHouse Inc., Project South/Southern Movement Assembly (SMA), The Highlander Center, Be Connected, the Carolina Peace Center and North Carolina Central University. You can make donations at www.PayPal.me/Colorfestinc
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- 10:30pm all bar stools and seats in the 50s will be removed to accommodate the late night series. Patrons seated in the 60s (bench by the wall) may also be asked to move depending on late night reservations.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.