Marcus Anderson’s Annual Christmas Concert (Sunday)
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Until recently Marcus Anderson was best known for his musical skills playing saxophone as part of Prince’s New Power Generation. Of late he has certainly come into his own, both as a recording artist and as a performer. Marcus Anderson has released eight albums to date including his latest three in the past two years. “Marcus Anderson Xperience…M.A.X. Live in Concert” is a limited edition CD celebrating Anderson’s tenth anniversary performing and recording as a solo act. The CD, AND CoffeeTM, is an ode to and for coffee lovers, celebrating the launch of Anderson’s new coffee brand of the same name (www.ANDproducts.net). The single, “A Cup of Joe,” climbed as high as #3 on Billboard Smooth Jazz and #1 on SirusXM Radio Watercolors. Finally, 2016 will see Anderson release, My Inspiration, his first solo inspirational CD.
Anderson has played with several headliners during guest appearances on well-noted shows such as Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Arsenio Hall Show, Jimmy Fallon and The Tonight Show. He is a veteran and audience favorite at such notable festivals as the Essence Music Festival, Catalina Island JazzTrax Festival, Seabreeze Jazz Festival, Capital Jazz Festival, Montreux Jazz Festival, Curacao North Sea Jazz Festival, and more.
Anderson not only plays saxophone, but he also plays flute, sings, writes, dances, produces and arranges music. It all comes together on stage when his showmanship and sheer jubilance electrifies audiences everywhere. Anderson has a strong international presence and his 2015 MAX Tour London performances were received to rave reviews. In a note, Anderson has taken his traditional smooth jazz roots and infused his music with R&B, Pop, Rock, Latin and funky grooves.
Anderson studied with Branford Marsalis, Dr. Ira Wiggins and Gospel saxophonist Donald Hayes for several years, achieving many accolades along the way, including a North Carolina Gospel Announcers’ Prestige Award for Gospel Jazz Artist of the Year, further displaying his musical diversity. He has performed for President Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Jesse Jackson, amongst other dignitaries. He has also toured with CeeLo Green, Judith Hill, Sheila E, Liv Warfield and Anthony Hamilton.
As a solo artist, Anderson has been honored to open for and join on stage artists such as Ledisi, Lalah Hathaway, Brian Culbertson, Esperanza Spaulding, Peter White, Boney James, Kirk Whalum, Gerald Albright, George Duke, Wynton Marsalis, Alex Bugnon, Nnenna Freelon, Jeff Lorber, Bob Baldwin, Jennifer Holiday and The Sax Pack.
Please visit www.marcusanderson.net or social media at @mandersonsax for all the latest on Marcus Anderson.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.