Michael Ode Quartet (jazz fusion, funk, hip hop, electric)
When: Fri, Jul 14
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $13
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT MICHAEL ODE
Michael Ode was born in Philadelphia PA, but spent most of his life in Durham, NC. He was first introduced to music at an early age in church watching the praise team and choir every Sunday and Wednesday After giving his Mother’s pots and pans a good beating his Father decided to get him a toy drum set at age 4. He developed his skills throughout high school by participating in the school marching band, jazz ensemble, orchestra, and wind ensemble, percussion ensemble, and drum line. After honing his skills on the instrument in his senior year of high school, he received a music scholarship to study at Oberlin Conservatory. He is now entering his 4th year at Oberlin Conservatory, studying with Billy Hart. Michael is a graduate of the Betty Carter Jazz Ahead program 2016, and has been chosen as a Honorary Jazz Mentor at the Stanford Jazz Workshop for the years 2016 and 2017.
Having played alongside Billy Hart, Wallace Roney Sr, Javon Jackson, Les McCan, Gary Bartz, John Clayton, Peter Berenstein, Eddie Daniels, Christian Dashiell, Cyrus Chesnut, Sullivan Fortner, Jd Allen, Gerald Clayton, Mike Lee, Dave Finucane, Al Strong, Jim Ketch, Ernest Turner, Lynn Grissett, Theron Brown and Dan Wilson he has been very blessed to learn from some great masters of American classical music (or as some refer to as jazz). Always striving to keep his music as honest as possible, Michael often uses his compositions as a tool to raise awareness of social and political issues that are plaguing our country and the world at large while striving to introduce a higher level of consciousness to his audience with the spirituality of those playing with him at the core of it all. Michael is in the process of releasing his first album as a bandleader the summer of 2017.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.