CANCELED – Mighty Messengers of Soul (R&B/Soul/Blues)
DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER, THIS PERFORMANCE HAS BEEN CANCELED.
ABOUT THE ARTISTS
Look in your dictionary for the definition of ‘The Mighty Messengers of Soul’ and you will find 7 unique, experienced musicians from different backgrounds coming together…to make the music that was born from the African American churches, hard work in the fields, liquor houses and anyplace people gathered to play and enjoy their music. The sound found its way to Atlanta, Memphis, Detroit, New York, and all points North, South, East, West and became the music of Soul, R&B, and Motown.
This is the music you will hear from the Mighty Messengers of Soul. Who are these ‘keepers of the flame’? There is frontman and long-time Durham favorite, Terry Wiley whose soulful voice can mesmerize audiences everywhere. On guitar and vocals is Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and New York veteran – Mr. Showtime himself – Delaney Mcquaig. The soulful sax of Bill Beamon is at once smoky and excitingly energetic. Bass man Ken Smith lays down the licks of bass players past and present, resulting in a uniquely original style. Sitting behind the drums is the ever-funky Zack Roberson – who will tear your heart out with his mean groove. Mr. Antonio Chis is on the keys…his style covers more ground than any 3 keyboard players. And last but not least is the ‘Messenger’ in The Mighty Messengers of Soul: Gary Messenger – adding all the right touches on percussion and harmonica.
If you make a habit of missing bands in the area … don’t miss The Mighty Messengers of Soul when they come your way. They know where you live…
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- 10:30pm all bar stools and seats in the 50s will be removed to accommodate the late night series. Patrons seated in the 60s (bench by the wall) may also be asked to move depending on late night reservations.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.