Nia Simmons (R&B/Soul)
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Nia Simmons is proud to be one of many artists representing the talent-filled Washington DC Metropolitan Area. Born and raised in Alexandria, VA, Nia has been singing since age 3 starting in the church, then gradually moving on to local talent competitions and community events. Her vocal style is heavily rooted in Gospel, R&B, and Jazz. Artists such as Whitney Houston, Ella Fitzgerald, Karen Clark-Sheard and Ledisi are among her vast list of musical influences. She is a Howard University graduate and was an original member of the premiere Howard University vocal jazz group, Afro Blue. Nia performed with Afro Blue on two Howard University Jazz Ensemble recordings (2002 and 2003).
Her years of dedication to honing her skills have made Nia a sought-after solo artist, background vocalist, and vocal arranger. Not only has she performed as a headliner at notable venues in the DC metro area (Blues Alley, Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club, The Carlyle Club), she has also been privileged to share the stage as a background vocalist with nationally and internationally-acclaimed artists such as Regina Belle, Howard Hewett, Bobby McFerrin, Kirk Whalem, Me’lisa Morgan, and Crystal Aikin.
2013 marked Nia’s debut as an independent recording artist with the release of her single, “Living for Today”, in October. The song gained her international recognition and acclaim, including a position in the top 15 of the UK Soul Chart. Her follow-up single, “Used to You”, was released in February 2014 to rave reviews worldwide peaking at #11 on the UK Soul Chart and also ranked in the UK Soul Chart’s Top 100 of 2014.
In 2015, Nia was recognized amongst her peers for artistic excellence receiving a Maryland State Arts Council Individual Artist Award grant in Non-Classical Music: Solo Performance. Her accomplishments further increased the anticipation for her debut LP titled, “A Songbird’s Journey”, released in August 2015 (Peaked at #13 on the UK Soul Chart). The album (and/or songs from it) gained her recognition on music websites such as SoulTracks, Breaking Artists, and Sonic Soul Reviews. It also opened the door for her to perform on the 2015 MusicConnex Soul City European Tour at notable venues in the Netherlands (Sugar Factory and De Boerderij) and the United Kingdom (Band on the Wall, Hare and Hounds, and Jazz Café). Her 2016 collaboration with international producer Tom Glide on the single “My Time (Shine)” earned Nia her first #1 ranking on the UK Soul Chart. This songbird’s soulful delivery and silky, smooth vocals will catch your ear and move your spirit.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- 10:30pm all bar stools and seats in the 50s will be removed to accommodate the late night series. Patrons seated in the 60s (bench by the wall) may also be asked to move depending on late night reservations.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.