Persona Bell – Special Holiday Concert (R&B Vocals/Soul)
TICKETS ON SALE NOW
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Music was first introduced to Persona at the age of 10 when she was approached by her grandmother and asked if she would like to take piano lessons. The next month she had her first lesson at McPhail Center for Music located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She took piano lessons there for 11 years, and cultured a deep l o v e , a p p r e c i a t i o n and understanding of classical music. Through her rigorous training and full dedication to the art, she soon discovered that she also had a natural talent for vocalization. This eventually led to a blossoming of intense passion for singing. To this day she can be heard singing anywhere she goes.
In 2007 Persona Bell, born Bryanna Persona Bellard, graduated from St. Olaf College with her Bachelor of Arts in English. Persona was privileged to study classical voice directly with the acclaimed conductor Anton Armstrong and voice instructor Margaret Eaves-Smith for 4 years. Additionally, she traveled the world with the St Olaf Choir performing at venues such as the White House, Carnegie Hall, and Disney Hall. Persona also performed for the Queen of Norway while on tour in 2006.
After graduation, she traveled to Yangzhou, China City where she taught English for one year. Persona returned to the US where she and some colleagues moved to the bustling city of Atlanta, Georgia. Searching for a job she found herself pulled to the creative arena, and that year she wrote her first song titled Ten Million Woman. She wrote nearly 15 songs in 2009, collaborating with a local guitarist and friend.
Persona decided to move back her hometown, Minneapolis, land of 10000 Lakes in 2009, got a job at a local restaurant and bought her first electronic keyboard. She recorded arrangements to songs exploring her own creative nature and expounding on her classical training. This year she wrote her soon to be released song, No Less, along with 15 other songs She joined local acts and began performing with a smooth Jazz band called Wenso Ashby ft Zsame. She helped write and record In Da Moment on the record Moment of Truth by Wenso Ashby ft Zsame in 2011 as well as other tunes. Persona joined another band lead-singing cover songs at many bars in MN and developing her stage presence and entertainer persona.
In 2012, Persona along with friend and lead singer Zsame attended the Grammys for the nomination of a Wenso Ashby ft Zsame project. Shortly after, Persona found herself moving again, but this time to Charlotte, North Carolina. She started working at Music and Arts and met many local musicians who she would later play and sing with. Persona has been living in North Carolina ever since, playing in numerous cover bands, writing and recording and enjoying the young spirit of Charlotte. For Valentine’s Day 2016, Persona hosted her first solo show at the Blumenthal Performance Center and packed the Stage Door. She recently returned from Shenzhen, China where she was playing and singing Smooth Jazz and Jazz at the luxurious 5 star Langham Hotel for 6 months. Persona released Get it Right, an upbeat dance tune that she wrote and had produced by Dutch Producer, Maarten Rischen in April and plans to release the second song they worked on together, No Less in July 2017. She currently also sings at many weddings with her band covering all the favorite pop tunes.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- 10:30pm all bar stools and seats in the 50s will be removed to accommodate the late night series. Patrons seated in the 60s (bench by the wall) may also be asked to move depending on late night reservations.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.