Rhonda Thomas (Soul Jazz)
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Vocalist Rhonda Thomas shares her unique styling, her definitive sultry voice and her dynamic songwriting. For those music lovers who are already familiar with Rhonda’s CDs “Guess Who I Saw Today”, “Breathe New Life”, “Listen”, “Little Drummer Girl” and her DVD, “Rhonda Thomas: Live at Centennial Park”, they will be excited to know that she has teamed up with super-producers, Khari Cabral, Daz-i-Kue and Julius Speed to create her 2015 CD release, “Vinyl Daze”. Vinyl Daze debuted at #12 on the Billboard Jazz Charts.
Rhonda Thomas was a featured soloist and background vocalist for Isaac Hayes for 11 years before his untimely passing. Rhonda served in that capacity while remaining extremely focused on elevating her solo musical career. Issac Hayes wholeheartedly supported Rhonda’s desire to spread her wings musically. He commented, “Her voice has a wide range. She has the quality, vocal timbre and vibrato of Denise Williams when she goes high. There are a lot of vocal sounds in this young woman. Jazz-wise she can scat too!” Additionally, in Isaac Hayes’ review of “Breathe New Life” he further expressed, “WOW, a human voice singing songs of substance… Hats off to production, musicianship, arrangement, vocals and don’t miss the lyrics, it’s a breath of fresh air.”
A New York City native and Atlanta, GA resident who performs nationally and internationally, Rhonda’s natural talent, professional drive, and amazing charisma have landed her in the presence of greatness many times and has opened numerous doors for her. She has performed or shared the stage with Luther Vandross, Roberta Flack, The String Cheese Incident, Roy Ayers, Frank McComb, Dwele, Eric Roberson, Avery Sunshine and Sam Moore (of the legendary duo Sam and Dave) just to name a few. With her enchanting voice, Rhonda has stamped her name on the hearts of all that have witnessed her singing live.
From bringing the roof down in Atlanta’s Tabernacle when she sang with Incognito’s powerhouse lead-singer Maysa Leak, to winning multiple awards in Harlem’s Apollo Theater, to the 1996 Olympic Games crowds have fallen under the powerful spell of Rhonda’s bold vocal styling. Rhonda’s talents were also experienced by listeners on the other side of the globe. Her 2007 UK “Breathe New Life” Tour was met with glowing reviews. Rhonda was also asked to compose a song for Antigua-Barbuda’s Travel and Tourism “365 Beaches”. Her boundless energy on stage enchants crowds as her voice exudes power and passion executed with precision. She hails from the Atlanta underground soul scene having performed with renowned artist India.Arie, Donnie (Motown), and is a member of the soul bossa group, Jiva. She wears her influences like an elegant gown draped with the improvisational skill and vocal acrobatics of Sarah Vaughn and Al Jarreau, and the depth and emotional effectiveness of Phyllis Hyman and Chaka Khan.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- 10:30pm all bar stools will be removed to accommodate the late night “After the Show" series
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.