Rissi Palmer (country soul, singer/song writer)
When: Fri, Mar 31
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $13
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
ABOUT THE BAND
Since releasing her self-titled CD in October 2007, singer-songwriter Rissi Palmer has received widespread media attention including The Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, People Magazine, GIANT, New York Post, VIBE, CBS Saturday Early Show, Huffington Post, Extra, CNN, and many more.
Palmers singles “Country Girl,” “Hold On To Me,” and “No Air” were all on the Billboard Country Charts, making her the first African-American woman to have a song on the country charts in 20 years. She recorded an exclusive EP for Starbucks, her videos were fan favorites on CMT and GAC and she has been an invited performer at the White House and the Grand Ole Opry on numerous occasions. Rissi’s songs have appeared on television shows such as Saving Grace, Army Wives, and Heartland and in the feature film The Woodsman starring Kevin Bacon.
2013 saw the release of her children’s LP, simply entitled Best Day Ever, featuring 10 songs– -all happy, all light, all “comfort food” for the soul and is what Rissi calls “a sophisticated children’s album” while also being melodic nostalgia for adults. Two tracks from the album have recently been featured on Smiles Ahead and Heart Beats, all-star kindie music compilation cds sold exclusively through Hallmark.
Rissi is now in a new phase with the release of The Back Porch Sessions, a 5 song EP described as “Southern Soul”. This song collection blends together all her musical influences – from country to soul and R&B and has received rave reviews from publications such as Rolling Stone Country, PerezHilton.com, People Magazine as well as an appearance on the nationally syndicated Tavis Smiley Show and NPR’s The State of Things.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.