Russell Taylor (soul, R&B, pop)
When: Sat, Oct 08
8:00 pm - 11:00 pm, $10 PER SHOW
ON SALE NOW!
Real artistry is about peeling back the layers of your soul and allowing the creative truth to take form. Russell Taylor taps into that creative space and unlocks a masterpiece in his latest musical offering, War of Hearts, on his own Indigo Blue label.
Far from a novice in the music game, Russell – a self-professed nomad – has poured out his heart and soul on the world stages, including stops in London, Amsterdam and Paris as well as famed stateside venues from The Mint and The Roxy in Los Angeles to SOB’s and Joe’s Pub in New York. Russell’s previous offerings Somewhere In Between(2007) and Confessional, a Soultracks.com ‘must have records’ (2010) – are sprinkled with gentle gems that have satisfied the appetites of music lovers worldwide.
Russell’s (aka Rt!) 3rd studio album “War of Hearts”, includes collaborations with Grammy award winning producer Needlz (Lil’ Wayne, Bruno Mars, Drake, Lupe Fiasco, K Michelle), Tim Kvanosky of Tiny Hearts and Salakida Kali. In early 2014, Russell Taylor becomes the first to win the coveted “You Oughta Know” distinction after beating over four hundred competitors in VH1’s first ever crowd-sourced contest on Artists.VH1.com, VH1’s music discovery site and join the ranks of famous “You Oughta Know” alumni including Adele, Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Lorde, The Lumineers, Mumford & Sons and many more. “An emerging artists with diverse musical influences and incredible talent, Russell Taylor is the embodiment of what the ‘You Oughta Know’ franchise is all about”, said Rick Krim, EVP Music and Talent Programming, VH1.
This ‘multi-genre-influenced’ soul-singer embraces the beautiful imperfections of his voice. “I have a pretty good range,” admits Russell. “It’s gravelly and [in the past] I didn’t like the sound of that. But the producers that I am working with on this album were like, ‘That’s what makes your voice beautiful and unique. It’s genuine and authentic.”
Russell’s creativity is not just relegated to the musical genre; The Great White Way has called as well. Russell made his Broadway directorial debut in Gems for one night only, November 8. 2012. This multi-hyphenate has also directed plays including For Colored Girls (New School University) as well as mentoring urban youths of color in the arts.
Additionally, Russell has shared the stage with major artists from Mary J. Blige, Jill Scott and India.Arie, to legends like Isaac Hayes and Patti LaBelle; an amazing fete for an independent artist.
Real and honest are the elements that define the essence of War of Hearts and Russell has created the album he was born to make.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.