Ryan Hanseler (straight ahead, jazz pianist)
When: Fri, Oct 13
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $15
ON SALE NOW!
Pianist Ryan Hanseler is a recent graduate of the Master of Music degree program at NCCU, and recently joined the esteemed faculty at East Carolina University in Greenville, NC as a Piano and Ensemble instructor in their Jazz Studies program.
As a teenager Ryan spent four years studying jazz at the New England Conservatory under pianist Charlie Banacos. Afterward, he went to the Crane School of Music in NY where he received a degree in Jazz Theory. He then came down south, where he earned his Master of Music degree at NCCU, focusing on Jazz Composition and Arranging.
In addition to playing the local circuit, including the Community Arts Cafe, Whiskey, and Beyú Caffé, Ryanhas shared the stage with artist such as Jon Brown, Jerry Bergonzi, Branford Marsalis, Jimmy Heath, Antonio Hart and Christan McBride. Ryan has had the opportunity to perform at numerous prestigious festivals including the Newport Jazz Festival, Detroit International Jazz Festival, Johannesburg SA Jazz Festival, Fiji International Jazz Festival and McGill Jazz Festival in Montreal.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.