Strange Rootz (reggae)
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE BAND
Strange Rootz is a group of brothers united together through conscious music. Coming from different roots, the members bring ideas together to create vibrations with a positive message of love, unity, truth, and rights. Influenced by pioneers of roots reggae such as, Dennis Brown, Bob Marley, Burning Spear, Culture, Gregory Isaac, Peter Tosh and many more, they bring styles of rock, r&b, jazz, and funk together to create an original sound. The ensemble consist of Derek Moore – (Lead Vocal, Guitar), Julian Hayes – (Bass), Kerry Bess – (Guitar/Vocal), Jamaican Recording Artist: Iratio – (Keyboard/Vocal), Kurt Patterson – (Percussion), and Brett Moulton – (Drum/Vocal).
Originating from Virginia Beach, Virginia, they perform frequently around the Hampton Roads and also travel along the East Coast. While bringing sweet sounds of covers and originals to Clubs, Venues, Private Events, and Festivals they are sure to move any audience. Strange Rootz has shared the stage with national and international touring artist Third World, Pepper, JBoog, Mike Love, Badfish, and many more. They released their first self-titled EP in 2016 which is available on all media outlets. With passion and hope of spreading conscious music to unite people all around the world, the group of brothers will continue to perform and record music for friends, family, and fans to come.
Check out the upcoming schedule, photos, music, live videos and more at facebook.com/StrangeRootz. Follow the new and upcoming band on Instagram, snapchat, and reverbnation.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.