Sunday Brunch with Kevin Van Sant
When: Sun, Apr 16
11:00 am - 2:00 pm, Free
Join us for FREE live solo jazz guitar over brunch today!
ABOUT KEVIN VAN SANT
Raleigh-Durham North Carolina based guitarist, composer, and educator Kevin Van Sant has been performing jazz music for more than twenty years. As a self-taught player, he has honed a distinctive style rooted in the tradition of his early influences such as Wes Montgomery, Jim Hall, and Joe Pass, while keeping an ear open to the continuing evolution of the jazz language and contemporary players. Owen Cordle, a contributing writer to Jazz Times magazine, has written of Kevin’s guitar playing: “Van Sant’s mastery is remarkable”. And from Jazz Guitar Life: “His commitment to the instrument, as an improviser and accompanist, is quite accomplished and comprehensive, bowing to the tradition, while acknowledging a modern familiarity as well.”
A virtuosic solo guitarist and accomplished ensemble player, Kevin has performed around the world and at major jazz festivals including five times at the Montreux Jazz Festival in Switzerland. He has performed with many distinguished musicians including Joe Chambers, Nnenna Freelon, Chip Crawford, Stephen Riley, James “Saxsmo” Gates, Robert Trowers, Kobie Watkins, Chad Eby, Alvin Atkinson, Stephanie Nakasian, Ray Codrington, and “Blue Lou” Marini. Since 2010 Kevin has been a member of Grammy nominated bassist John Brown’s big band. As a member of this group he has performed and recorded with Cyrus Chestnut, Adonis Rose, Jon Faddis, Terence Blanchard, Rene Marie, Diane Schuur, Greg Tardy, Herlin Riley, Derrick and Vincent Gardner, Jason Marshall, and others among the most prominent jazz musicians working today.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.