Sunday Brunch with Michael Pelz-Sherman
When: Sun, Mar 26
11:00 am - 2:00 pm, Free
Join us for FREE live jazz over brunch today!
ABOUT THE PIANIST
An accomplished software engineer and computer-musician, Michael served as a Musical Assistant at IRCAM in Paris, France in 1992, where he created an original real-time computer-assisted performance system and designed sounds for Netherlands composer Klass Torstensson‘s Urban Songs. His compositions have been commissioned and performed at the Crested Butte Music Festival, and he is an active member of the International Society of Improvised Music.
Michael’s formal musical training, combined with many years of professional experience playing rock and jazz clubs throughout the country, provides him with a huge expressive palette and an endless wellspring of musical ideas. His Ph.D. dissertation, “A Framework for the Analysis of Performer Interactions in Improvised Music”, created under the guidance of trombonist/impoviser/author George E. Lewis, demonstrates his deep love for and understanding of the history, development, and structure of creative improvised music that has risen out of the fertile soil of American Jazz.
Michael currently resides in Cary, North Carolina (USA) with his wife Dori and their three children, where he teaches piano and performs regularly with his jazz trio MPS Trio, the North Carolina Jazz Ensemble, and acoustic alt-rock duoThe Lounge Doctors. He has also played as a freelance keyboardist with Big Rick and the Bombers, Mighty Lester, and The Will McBride Group. In Sept. 2012, he released an album of original music with his progressive jazz group, The MPS Project.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.