Tea Cup Gin (swing, jazz standards)
When: Fri, Jul 01
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $7 per show
WATCH & ENJOY
ABOUT THE BAND
Come enjoy an evening of authentic yet unconventional great American jazz tradition with Tea Cup Gin where they stir together original melodies and lyrics, served up on two blazing acoustic guitars, with impassioned vocals, dynamic upright bass & percussion, all with the occasional guests on trombone, violin, sax & more.
Tea Cup Gin hails from North Carolina, with members who’ve also lived and played in the musical meccas of Chicago, NYC, New Orleans, Savannah, Nashville, and Washington DC. The members of Tea Cup Gin share a passion for crafting original musical cocktails under the influence of an eclectic blend of early 20th century genres (deco era jazz standards, tin pan alley classics, ragtime & delta blues, torch, chanson, cabaret, bossa, tango, & show tunes).
Why the name “Tea Cup Gin”? During prohibition, speakeasies served bootleg gin in ordinary tea cups to hide what was inside. Although the band’s original songs may look innocent enough on the outside, you’ll soon taste a deliciously intoxicating blend of unexpected ingredients. “Tea Cup Gin” evokes vintage jazz, while being catchier than saying “you can’t judge a book by its cover.”
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.