The Calvin Edwards Trio
When: Friday, Oct 11
9:00 pm - 11:55 pm, $6
We are so excited to be bringing Calvin Edwards back to Beyu Caffe. Born in Kings Mountain N.C., Calvin is also a well-know international artist who has performed in Okinawa, Tokyo, and China as well as performing for the G8 Summit for President Clinton in Okinawa. Calvin is now performing in the USA and has played in San Francisco, New York, Charleston, including the The 2005 NAMM SHOW in Anahiem, CA, the Romare Bearden 99th Birthday Bash, the grand-opening of the Mint Museum in Charlotte, NC, the Fall for Greenville event in SC, the Spoleto Festival in Charleston, SC and the Guilford College Homecoming in Greensboro, NC.
At 17, he joined the famous Gospel group Five Blind Boys of Alabama for many years. Then, he moved to L.A. to play in his brothers band, The Jett Edwards Band. During this time, Calvin and his brother recorded two albums together, including one song which was recorded by George Benson.
Mr. Edwards has released four CD’s as a band leader …….
So What, Don’t Forget – Venus Records – Japan
Let It Flow – Simply Smoking Records – USA
Just Swing – Roving Spirits – Japan
That’s It – Chasity Music Records – USA
The Maupin/Williams Project – Simply Smoking Records – USA
Live from San Francisco – Chasity Music Records – USA
Mr. Edwards has performed with and/or booked various artist through Chasity Music including Tom Brown, Tuck & Patti, Michael White, Kei Akagi, Lonnie Plaxico, Benny Maupin, Hidefumi Toke, Javon Jackson, Michael O’Neil, Ron Brown, Ali Jackson, Michael Paluo, Michael Wolf, Roy Ayers, Everette Harp, Dan Siegel, Phil Perry …….
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the 8:00 set begins at 7:00, with seating for the 10:00 set to begin at 9:30.
- If you want to sit with others who have purchased tickets separately please call the café as soon as possible with the names of those persons you wish to join so that we can try to hold space. Depending on the show and how quickly tickets are sold for the event, we cannot guarantee combined seating if tickets are not originally purchased as a group.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.