Third Friday: Sketches of Jazz
When: Fri, May 19
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm, Free with purchase of ticket for show
Be Connected: Sketches of Jazz, Sketches of Durham
In the spirit of Miles Davis’ Sketches of Spain, Beyu Caffe’s Be Connected has partnered with Heritij Arts for Sketches of Jazz – a live painting and poetry inclusion during the 7pm Eric Hirsh set on Third Friday, May 19. Sketches of Jazz will be led by Durham based artist Marla Hawkins, a mixed media and textile artist providing arts events, art, clothing and accessories under the brand Heritij Arts.
About Eric Hirsh
Eric Hirsh is a jazz pianist, composer, and technologist whose mission is to use collaboration as a space for bringing out the best in artists so that they in turn might reach and encourage interactive listeners through their performances. Hirsh performs regularly as a member of jazz/hip hop quartet The Beast and as director of thirteen-piece salsa ensemble Orquesta GarDel.
Get your tickets for the show and volunteer to paint live! We are looking for one more audience member to participate. No experience necessary, arts supplies are provided.
Beyu Be Connected, your community coffee and conversation connection to the latest in arts, culture, music and politics, produced by Angel Dozier with new host Pierce Freelon. Be Connected normally goes up on a Tuesday beginning at 7pm.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.