To Sweet Nancy with Love: A Tribute to Nancy Wilson – Featuring Yolanda Rabun
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!
To Sweet Nancy with Love is Rabun’s new signature tribute to dramatic pop song stylist and Grammy Award winning jazz artist Nancy Wilson It pays homage to Wilson and her prolific discography of standards, pop, jazz, blues, Broadway show tunes, adult contemporary, R&B and soul-tinged music.
Backed by a flawless rhythm section, in To Sweet Nancy with Love, Rabun takes audience members through Wilson’s catalogue from the late 1950s all the way through the 90s. The show even includes a cabaret section that features musicians and audience members as Rabun conveys stories behind standards such as “Dearly Beloved,” “Guess Who I Saw Today,” and the Grammy winning, “How Glad I Am” among other classics of song stylist, Nancy Wilson.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Yolanda is a fierce songstress and North Carolina based recording artist who also is versatile enough to handle all styles of music, although she favors jazz and soul. Rabun exploded onto the jazz scene first on Stanley Baird’s 2007 Traffic Jam hit single, “I Want 2 Love You,” and, in 2011, she released her debut CD project, “So Real,” on which she co-wrote several songs, including the title song. In 2012, Rabun infused Soul, R&B, Gospel, Folk, Smooth and Traditional Jazz on her sophomore solo album, “Christmastime,” and followed in 2013 with the Adult Contemporary single, “Hold on To Your Dreams.”
To her credit by 2016, Yolanda picked up devoted fans and musical admirers from her appearances around the world at Atlanta’s Jazz Festival, D.C.’s acclaimed Blues Alley Jazz, and Hollywood’s Catalina Jazz to help successfully fund her third album, Yolanda.
For the Yolanda project, which made appearances on several charts, including the UK Soul Top 30 chart for 11+ weeks and a Billboard Most Added List for Smooth Jazz, Yolanda Rabun effortlessly shifts between eras and genres to produce a mix of classics, standards and originals. The Yolanda album, includes songs that showcase Yolanda Rabun’s unique ability to interpret diverse material and deliver meaningful musical stories (whether new or told before) “With her passionate, yet precision-filled pipes and expert arrangements, Yolanda Rabun has nowhere to go but up.” – Soul Tracks YOLANDA
This rich-voice chanteuse headlines events with her own band for large corporate events and even sold out specialty shows but Yolanda Rabun has also opened for and sung with such iconic artists as Jennifer Holiday, Howard Hewitt, Ron Isley and the Isley Brothers, R&B singer KEM and the world-renowned iconic drummer, Sheila E. Yolanda Rabun has also performed with the NC Opera, the Durham Symphony Orchestra and appeared on a number of TV and radio programs.
A proud member of Actor’s Equity, Yolanda even has achieved notoriety on regional theatre stages with magnificent reviews alongside Tony-award winning actors, and is an often requested motivational speaker. Yolanda is also a Voting member of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (the Grammys), a registered BMI songwriter and a publisher with both BMI and ASCAP. Check her out!
“Rabun is proven and tested, and good on top of it.” – SonicSoul (Germany) ““Yolanda Album is classy and magical.” – JazzTimes
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- 10:30pm all bar stools will be removed to accommodate the late night “After the Show" series
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.