Verses and Versus with DJ Play Play: Early 90s RnB/Hip Hop v. Late 90s RnB/Hip Hop
When: Mon, Aug 28
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Free
Verses and Versus, Play Play spins for our summer DJ series finale! Come eat, drink and celebrate the end of this special series featuring Local DJs To Watch. DJ Play Play champions Early 90s RnB/Hip Hop v. Late 90s RnB/Hip Hop. Monday, August 28 starting at 6pm. FREE and Open to the Public.
Jess Dilday is PlayPlay.
Club DJ and Producer
PlayPlay creatively interweaves nostalgic hip-hop and house classics into both their DJ sets and music production, which are largely composed of city-specific sounds – namely Chicago juke and footwork, Bmore/Jersey/Philly club, NYC house, Detroit techno, and Miami bass. An extremely versatile DJ, PlayPlay also favors dancehall, cumbia, global bass, jungle/early hardcore/breakbeat, acid house, jock jams, EBM, industrial and 90s nostalgia all around. Their ultimate goal is to be in constant musical conversation with the crowd, contributing to a safe(r), free(r) space for everybody.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.