What the Funk 2018 NYE Party with Soul Understated
TICKETS ON SALE SOON!!
Come celebrate the New Year with food, drinks, and dancing at Beyu Caffe. Let’s push back the tables, set up the buffet, pop champagne, and let Soul Understated take control. Soul Understated is sure to Funk Up your night with their fusion of soul, funk, jazz, and R&B.
This year we are offering 2 ticket types. Go VIP and get a seated ticket which comes with a seat at a table, glass of champagne for a New Year’s toast, and access to the buffet featuring Beyu Caffe signature items available from 10pm-11:30pm. Wanna join the party but don’t plan to stop dancing? Get a Standing Room Only ticket which gets you into the party, plus champagne toast, and our Beyu Buffet.
Get your tickets before they’re gone and join the best NYE party in town!!
ABOUT THE BAND
n. The result of combining the matchless and unique genius of melodic drummer, Jeremy ‘BEAN’ Clemons, with the sultry, sassy and incomparable sounds of songbird, Mavis ‘SWAN’ Poole.
adj. That which is soulful, jazzy, R&B-esque, gospel-ly, funk-ish, filled with soul-stirring harmonies, rhythms, and grooves. (see also: “feel good”music)
v. Vibin’, groovin’, swangin’, preachin’,unyieldin’
Soul Understated is among the most dynamically talented discoveries in music since the Motown era. The brilliance of their sound lies in combining a sultry vocalist (Mavis ‘SWAN’Poole), a melodic drummer (Jeremy ‘BEAN’ Clemons), and a mothership of all-star musicians. With musical sensibilities that include jazz,soul, funk, gospel, and hip hop, the influences on their sound are as varied and timeless as the music they create. The final product embodies the rich melodies of Earth, Wind & Fire; the enchanting tones of Ella Fitzgerald; the down-deep soul of Donny Hathaway; and the exhilarating swing of Count Basie, with a hint of hip hop all infused into one harmonious body. Anyone who seeks bona fide musicianship is sure to find something that pleases the musical appetite.
“Soul Understated is a skillful ensemble, adeptly and seemingly effortlessly weaving together soul, jazz, funk and gospel, like so many threads in a tapestry, and Ms. Poole does not miss a beat, adding scat and rap to the mix like the final spices in an excellent gumbo.” -Divastation.com
In 2008, after many years of performing with various musicians, St. Louis native Jeremy ‘BEAN’ Clemons and North Carolina’s finest, Mavis ‘SWAN’ Poole created Soul Understated. Since then, they have appeared at venues across the US, toured Russia, and collaborated with artists such as Nicholas Payton, Marc Cary, DJ Mikeflo, and Brian Jackson.
“The passion and drive of our music comes from a sincere longing to encourage and inspire people from all lifestyles, while maintaining the danceable element and groove.“ – Soul Understated
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- We recommend purchasing tickets via computer (not tablet or mobile device) on a Chrome browser which will allow patrons to choose their own seats. Currently, the mobile app does not allow patrons to choose seats. There will be a $1 service fee per ticket to move seats after purchase.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. We recommend patrons for the first show arrive early (by 6:15 pm) to have ample time to enjoy their meal. The restaurant will be cleared at 8:15 to accommodate the second seating. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Open Mic Night - Reservations cannot be made for Open Mic Night. There is a $5 cover charge. Seats are given out on a first come, first served basis. To ensure that your party is seated together all people must be present. We will do our best to accommodate guests, but seating is not guaranteed for parties with late arrivals.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- 10:30pm all bar stools and seats in the 50s will be removed to accommodate the late night series. Patrons seated in the 60s (bench by the wall) may also be asked to move depending on late night reservations.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact Bronwen Mischel directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.