Yolanda Rabun (jazz/soul/r&b)
When: Sat, Jun 24
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $18.50
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Yolanda is a fierce songstress and North Carolina based recording artist who also is versatile enough to handle all styles of music, although she favors jazz and soul. Rabun exploded onto the jazz scene first on Stanley Baird’s 2007 Traffic Jam hit single, “I Want 2 Love You,” and, in 2011, she released her debut CD project, “So Real,” on which she co-wrote several songs, including the title song. In 2012, Rabun infused Soul, R&B, Gospel, Folk, Smooth and Traditional Jazz on her sophomore solo album, “Christmastime,” and followed in 2013 with the Adult Contemporary single, “Hold on To Your Dreams.”
To her credit by 2016, Yolanda picked up devoted fans and musical admirers from her appearances around the world at Atlanta’s Jazz Festival, D.C.’s acclaimed Blues Alley Jazz, and Hollywood’s Catalina Jazz to help successfully fund her third album, Yolanda.
For the Yolanda project, which made appearances on several charts, including the UK Soul Top 30 chart for 11+ weeks and a Billboard Most Added List for Smooth Jazz, Yolanda Rabun effortlessly shifts between eras and genres to produce a mix of classics, standards and originals. The Yolanda album, includes songs that showcase Yolanda Rabun’s unique ability to interpret diverse material and deliver meaningful musical stories (whether new or told before) “With her passionate, yet precision-filled pipes and expert arrangements, Yolanda Rabun has nowhere to go but up.” – Soul Tracks YOLANDA
This rich-voice chanteuse headlines events with her own band for large corporate events and even sold out specialty shows but Yolanda Rabun has also opened for and sung with such iconic artists as Jennifer Holiday, Howard Hewitt, Ron Isley and the Isley Brothers, R&B singer KEM and the world-renowned iconic drummer, Sheila E. Yolanda Rabun has also performed with the NC Opera, the Durham Symphony Orchestra and appeared on a number of TV and radio programs.
A proud member of Actor’s Equity, Yolanda even has achieved notoriety on regional theatre stages with magnificent reviews alongside Tony-award winning actors, and is an often requested motivational speaker. Yolanda is also a Voting member of the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences (the Grammys), a registered BMI songwriter and a publisher with both BMI and ASCAP. Check her out!
“Rabun is proven and tested, and good on top of it.” – SonicSoul (Germany) ““Yolanda Album is classy and magical.” – JazzTimes
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at email@example.com
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.