Young Bull (hip hop jazz, soul)
When: Sat, Oct 21
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $12
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
Started in the halls and locker rooms of Durham, North Carolina’s public arts high school, Young Bull began as a musical experiment by classmates Tahmique Cameron and Gabe Fox-Peck. Helped by Cameron’s soulful vocals and Fox-Peck’s savvy keyboard and production skills, they began performing at local talent shows and recording songs in Fox-Peck’s bedroom under the simple moniker “Tahmique and Gabe,” quickly developing a devoted following of fellow students and friends. With a slew of talented North Carolina jazz and funk instrumentalists behind their energetic live performances, the hip-hop outfit soon gained traction on the Raleigh/Durham music scene, selling out their first major show in the spring of 2015, attracting the attention of local bloggers and bookers alike.
2016 ushered in a new era for Young Bull, marked by increasing crowds and notoriety with the release of their debut studio album, Sopadelic, on all major music distribution services and the addition of Raleigh-based rapper Christian Sinclair to the ranks. Meriting comparisons to Anderson Paak and the Internet, the overwhelming success of Sopadelic helped push Young Bull into the national spotlight. Using a packed album release party at Durham’s premier music venue Motorco Music Hall in July as a springboard, Young Bull has been touring up and down the East Coast ever since, growing their fanbase from Brooklyn to Asheville while scoring over 250,000 digital plays for Sopadelic on Spotify in less than six months. With a brand new EP set to be released and a host of festivals lined up, 2017 is shaping up to be Young Bull’s biggest year yet.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.