ZOOCRÜ (Jazz/Black American Music)
When: Sat, Jan 20
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm, $12
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!
ABOUT THE BAND
ZOOCRÜ formed amidst the thriving music and arts community of Durham, North Carolina. Common interests and experiences brought founding members Jonathan Curry, Christian Sharp and Alan Thompson together on the campus of North Carolina Central University in 2012 for early collaborations that were fruitful, musically stimulating and set the foundations for the group. Russell Favret was added in 2014, and as a complete unit the band has ascended to new musical platforms.
ZOOCRÜ creates from the core belief that all American music is born from the seeds of Black music. Drawing from this rich musical legacy, ZOOCRÜ blends all popular American genres into a sound best described as Black American music. Jazz serves as the foundation, as all the members are classically trained jazz musicians, and is built upon with elements of hip hop, blues, rock and gospel. They were particularly influenced by artists such as Roy Ayers, Thelonious Monk A Tribe Called Quest, J Dilla, Jimi Hendrix, Wu-tang Clan, Radiohead, Herbie Hancock, and Miles Davis. Infuse that with the geographic and cultural diversity that each member brings and you have the ZOOCRÜ sound.
But it’s bigger than the music for this group. They are well aware of the moment they are living in and believe that it is their purpose to create art that is equal parts anthem and affirmation; sounds that heal the broken, tunes to honor the fallen and creating sonic space for all in the Crü World Order.
Beyú Caffé is an all ages venue.
- Seating is on a priority basis, with patrons who have purchased tickets in advance being given preference. Walk in patrons will be seated as soon as possible; we will make every effort to accommodate requests, however specific tables are not guaranteed.
- Seating for the first show begins one hour before the first set. Seating for the second show begins 15 minutes before the second set.
- We can hold reserved tables for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time. After 15 minutes, we will have to release the reserved table, unless we are notified by phone that you want to change your reservation time.
- Please be aware that parties of more than 9 will be subject to a party minimum of $25 per person for jazz events. This amount will be in addition to, rather than including, the ticket price for the evening, and all applicable taxes and gratuity.
- Tickets are sold online, over the phone (919) 683-1058 or in person at the café.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL & NON REFUNDABLE, unless the venue cancels the performance due to natural disaster or other unforeseeable circumstance.
- There are no discounts on tickets no matter the group size
- Beyú Caffé does have dinner/show packages available for 12 or more with set menus to facilitate your evening. Contact the café manager Malachi Kosanovich directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is no official dress code, however the atmosphere is best suited for dress business casual
For Our Disabled Patrons
- Performance area is accessible and on street level
- Restrooms are located on the main floor and easily accessible.
- If you are in a wheelchair please call the café so we can hold specific space to accommodate the you.