--- For Immediate Hire (open until filled) ---
Do you care about and enjoy interacting with people?
Are you able to remain calm and focused under pressure?
Do our core values speak to you?
Do you meet our minimum qualifications?
If so, we’d love to hear from you soon!
Our story begins with Beyu Caffe. Beyu Caffe (pronounced be-you) was founded in 2009 by Dorian Bolden to be the ultimate community gathering place where everyone could “be you”. The name and idea stems from Dorian’s lifelong experiences in various social and cultural settings whereby he believes that we all have more in common than we do differences; and he believes that if you ultimately believe in yourself and the God-given talents you were born with, then God and the Universe will handle everything else. Ultimately, you simply need to be true to yourself and “be you”.
Today, the Beyu Group is an innovative food service company based in Durham, NC comprised of three core concepts including retail cafes, an online coffee company, and (Beyu Food Project which produce and distribute RTF meals through our community) and distribution company
As our business grows, we are passionate about adding “Dope” individuals to our team that are sterling to our brand.Beyu Caffe is looking for a Catering Manager, someone that is of high energy and can adapt their excellent customer service abilities to different environments.
Someone that can impact our growing business while also uplifting and inspiring communities across the state. Do not pass up on a great opportunity to blossom. Come join our team!
To uplift and inspire communities through excellence.
Our Core Values
- Just Be You (unless you’re a jerk, then be ‘you’ someplace else)
- Hunger for Excellence
- Go the Extra Mile
- Be Service Driven
- Lead with Integrity
- Teamwork over Ego. Always!
- Reply to incoming catering inquiries by following through on all leads generated through a variety of sources, including fellow team members, Shopify, and client referrals.
- Meet and/or exceed monthly sales goals.
- Correspond with clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Create accurate, detailed, and professional contracts and banquet event orders and review them with clients.
- Ensure that any changes made to contracts or BEOs are in writing and signed by the client and Beyu representative.
- Detail all catering business personally booked and save on the Beyu google drive and/or Caterease. Remain in contact with meeting planners through event completion.
- Work closely with the culinary team to plan client menus, especially when customization is needed to fully satisfy the client.
- Management of VIP clients; is this a repeat client, are they considered a VIP, have we had a challenge with this client in the past that we need to make sure we stay ahead of, does the team know who the client is/what their importance is, etc.
- Secure payment for all events per company policies and procedures.
- Assist with par levels of inventory.
- Establish and build relationships with key vendors (rental items, florals, etc.).
- Meet with onsite clients at the start of their functions. Introduce clients to key operational team members for any last-minute changes or adjustments during the event.
- Follow up with clients upon completion of their functions to gauge satisfaction, address concerns, solicit future business and solidify the relationship.
- Stay aware of industry trends by reviewing trade publications, shopping local competitors, and attending networking functions.
- Attend weekly meetings, including BEO review meetings, as directed.
- Promote teamwork and remain flexible in the work environment.
- Always maintain a positive image on behalf of Beyu Caffe.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior leadership team.
- Follow all catering policies and procedures. These include:
- Ensure that all leads are replied to within a twenty-four-hour window; weekends excluded.
- Review contracts and BEO’s with the Director of Business Development before presenting to the client for final approval.
- Timely follow-up with clients to ensure all paperwork is signed no later than ten business days before the event.
- Review any addendums or special requests with the Director of Business Development and Culinary team for pricing and approval.
- Establish appropriate credit card procedures at time of booking and follow-up to ensure the information is received and payment is valid
Knowledge | Skills | Qualifications
Food Service and/or hospitality education
Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
Ability to manage in diverse high-volume environments
Excellent decision making and leadership skills with the ability to build strong relationships with customers as well as staff
Strong organizational and time management skills