Host - 341 West Main Street
--- For Immediate Hire (open until filled) ---
Do you care about and enjoy interacting with people?
Are you able to remain calm and focused under pressure?
Are you able to coordinate seating in a dining room and remain organized?
Do our core values speak to you?
Do you meet our minimum qualifications?
If so, we’d love to hear from you soon!
Our story begins with Beyu Caffe. Beyu Caffe (pronounced be-you) was founded in 2009 by Dorian Bolden to be the ultimate community gathering place where everyone could “be you”.
The name and idea stems from Dorian’s lifelong experiences in various social and cultural settings whereby he believes that we all have more in common than we do differences; and he believes that if you ultimately believe in yourself and the God-given talents you were born with, then God and the Universe will handle everything else. Ultimately, you simply need to be true to yourself and “be you”.
Today, the Beyu Group is an innovative food service company based in Durham, NC comprised of three core concepts including retail cafes, an online coffee company, and (Beyu Food Project which produce and distribute RTF meals through our community) and distribution company. Beyu is growing and looking for team members who share our purpose and core values.
To uplift and inspire communities through excellence.
Our Core Values
- Just Be You (unless you’re a jerk, then be ‘you’ someplace else)
- Hunger for Excellence
- Go the Extra Mile
- Be Service Driven
- Lead with Integrity
- Teamwork over Ego. Always!
We are looking for a Host or Hostess to join our team and be the first point of contact for our guests. Host/Hostess responsibilities include greeting guests, providing accurate wait times and escorting customers to the dining and bar areas. For this role, you should have solid organizational and people skills to make sure our guests have a positive dining experience from the moment they arrive till their departure. You should also be available to work in shifts. Ultimately, you’ll ensure we provide excellent customer service and a pleasant dining experience to our guests.
- Welcome guests to the venue
- Provide accurate wait times and monitor waiting lists
- Manage reservations
- Escort customers to assigned dining or bar areas
- Provide menus and announce Waiter/Waitress’s name
- Greet customers upon their departure
- Coordinate with wait staff about available seating options
- Maintain a clean reception area
- Cater to guests who require extra attention (e.g. children, elderly)
- Answer incoming calls and address customers’ queries
- Assist wait staff as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 or more years in a restaurant environment
- Previous work experience as a Host/Hostess or Waiter/Waitress
- Understanding of restaurant etiquette
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Experience in managing reservations
- Demonstrable customer-service skills
- Excellent communication skills (via phone and in-person)
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor the entire dining and bar area
- Availability to work in shifts as needed
- Good physical condition to walk and stand during an entire shift
- Able to embrace and promote Beyu’s purpose and core values
- Familiarity with telephone, office, and point-of-sale software
- Able to work in typical restaurant and food production facility conditions.
We appreciate you considering the Beyu team for your next career move!