Line Cook - 341 West Main Street
--- For Immediate Hire (open until filled) ---
Do you have 1+ years of experience working in the food and beverage industry?
Do you work well with in a team environment?
Are you able to multi-task?
Do you practice and exhibit calm, focused, and accountability?
Do you actively consider culture and core values when making critical decisions?
If so, we’d love to hear from you soon.
Our story begins with Beyu Caffe. Beyu Caffe (pronounced be-you) was founded in 2009 by Dorian Bolden to be the ultimate community gathering place where everyone could “be you”.
The name and idea stems from Dorian’s lifelong experiences in various social and cultural settings whereby he believes that we all have more in common than we do differences; and he believes that if you ultimately believe in yourself and the God-given talents you were born with, then God and the Universe will handle everything else. Ultimately, you simply need to be true to yourself and “be you”.
Today, the Beyu Group is an innovative food service company based in Durham, NC comprised of three core concepts including retail cafes, an online coffee company, and (Beyu Food Project which produce and distribute RTF meals through our community) and distribution company. Beyu is growing and looking for team members who share our purpose and core values.
To uplift and inspire communities through excellence.
Our Core Values
- Just Be You (unless you’re a jerk, then be ‘you’ someplace else)
- Hunger for Excellence
- Go the Extra Mile
- Be Service Driven
- Lead with Integrity
- Teamwork over Ego. Always!
We are looking for a professional Line Cook to prepare food to the exact chef’s specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line Cook duties will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition goals.
- Set up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 or more years in a restaurant environment
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a Line Chef, Restaurant Cook or Prep Cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- Able to embrace and promote Beyu’s purpose and core values
- Familiarity with telephone, office, and point-of-sale software
- Able to work in typical restaurant and food production facility conditions.
We appreciate you considering the Beyu team for your next career move!